Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011

31 Days... Days 15 and 16



Ok - so I know it is cheating to post 2 days on one post.  But week-ends are crazy with the kids at the Hollow.  Believe it or not - the non-shopper actually got some Christmas shopping done this week-end.  And I am almost through with all the October birthday shopping - youngest daughter, grandson and son-in-law all with in a week.  Yowza!!


I have several large pictures in the hall from the living room to master bedroom.  Not a gallery wall - just 4 11 x 13 pictures.  (But the gallery wall is a great thought).  About 2 or 3 months ago, in the middle of the night of course, the hanger broke free from my daughter's wedding picture.  Luckily the frame did not break, but the hanger was totally ripped out.  Poor picture has been hiding behind a chair in the bedroom ever since then.  So this weekend I broke out the drill, and reattached the hanger to the frame.  (this time with screws instead of the rivets that it came with)

Really - 10 minutes from start to finish - what have I been waiting for!!  And now the picture is back in its proper home



An added benefit that I never expected with the 31 day challenge.  Honey must feel motivated or guilty by all the projects that I am completing.  So on Saturday we went to several stores to order items that we need for a couple of projects that definitely require his expertise.  Woo hoo!!!  And with out me whining, begging, pleading asking hardly at all!!



Perhaps you remember the project fail when I tried to make headbands/earmuffs for the girls.  I actually found a pattern on pinterest!  Woo hoo.  It looks nothing like the muffs my girls saw, but it was close enough that I could modify it some.  So today I got oldest daughter's made




She was soo tickled!!

But that technically is only half a project since now I need to make youngest daughter one.

So until tomorrow

Happy DIY'ing
Susan

1 comment:

  1. I love the challenge...I have a bunch of things that need finishing. Thanks for stopping by. The concert was AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete