Search This Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Happy Fall Ya'll!!

Well ok - not really.  I had this idea that even though it is still over 100 degrees that if I worked on a fall craft it would make me feel cooler.  Guess what - I still feel like it is over 100 degrees!!  But at least I have a cute little wreath.

I actually went shopping Thursday - pick yourself up, I really did.  I decided after seeing so many incredibly cute porches on blogland that I will decorate mine for fall this year.  And more than one carved pumpkin!  So off I go on my merry way.  And guess what - even though every store that I went to had tons of Christmas on the aisles, all of them said that they had not put out much of their fall yet.  Really??!!??  I - the non-shopper  - make the effort to actually spend the time shopping and I can't.  I was able to pick up enough items at the dollar tree to make a wreath.

So here is what I did while paint was drying - literally - on the stairs

It is an 18 inch wreath form from the Dollar Tree and all the picks except the sunflowers came from Dollar tree, too.  The feathers are left overs.  I disected all the picks and glued them in.  So easy - and only cost about $11 for the wreath.  Woo hoo - I guess score one for ht enon-shopper


Now - if we could just get some cooler weather so I can put this on my door!!

Happy DIY'ing!!

Susan

http://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com/2011/09/diy-fall-festival.htmloff.blogspot.com/2011/09/diy-fall-festival.html

5 comments:

  1. I've been working on a wreath as well - it should have been done ages ago but life happened inbetween... I went to HobLobs and Michaels for supplies. HobLobs was mainly Christmas stuff (and has been for months! Crazy!) but they also have a few isles of good fall stuff.

    Super cute wreath, by the way. I love how the sunflowers just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog to check out our granite tile counters. I finally got around to replying about cutting out for our undermount sink. Stop by for more info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will let you know if I see any of those pumpkins!

    I haven't been to Joanns yet. I was in the mall the other day and saw signs for it but couldn't find the actual store. I am really bad at mall direction! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute! I love that stores put up Christmas stuff in July, but don't put anything else out. *sigh*

    Cute wreath though, and thanks for coming to link up! :-)

    ReplyDelete