Search This Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2011

31 days... Day 2


Day 2 - woo hoo!!!

The reason I chose this topic is obviously because I have alot - I repeat alot - of unfinished projects.  All sizes, all types...all unfinished.  I hope that I not only finish a multitude of projects, but also find out a few reasons why I never seem to finish anything.

So on to day 2  which could be called:

Starting to finish what I have started

because I was unable to finish it this week-end.  It was more than day and a half project.

Before I started the stairs,  I started painting the master bedroom.  Eventually maybe I will share pictures of the before of our bedroom, needless to say it is sad and boring.  If Honey and I can ever work out our schedules we are going furniture shopping - that will be fun.  In anticipation of that I decided to paint the bedroom, got half way done and got somewhat bored and started the stairs.  I think the reason I got "bored" is that when I was in the master bedroom - everyone else was in the family room and I felt left out.  With the stairs, I was in the midst of everyone.  So maybe that is one reason for not finishing a project - loneliness.  (Hey - sounds good to me)

So I started painting and got bored - again.  So guess what I did...

Excuse the incredible mess of the rest of the room.  Anyway - did you guess??  I started stenciling one wall.  I still have to do the soffit - which is a functional soffit, as in I cannot tear it out.  That is the main reason I decide to stencil.  After we put our headboard up, there is not much space above it for a picture and the wall needed .... something.




This is a GREAT project for me.  Nothing new or creative.  There are lots of great stenciled walls all over blogland.  I had bookmarked this one from Centsational Girl.  I used painters tape, no spray on adhesive, and instead of marking with a pencil, I used straight pins to mark the registers on the stencil.  I left it in place each time until it dried.  This is why it was a great project for me.  That gave me lots of time to do other things during each drying period.

Overall it was super easy.  Getting the very first one level was the hardest part.  And I had to free hand a few places where the stencil would not fit.  I love the whimsical look of it - I am not an overly serious person, so this fits me to a tea.

I still have part of one wall to finish painting in addition to stenciling the soffit.  But I have to have someone move the ginormous dresser from where I need to paint - hopefully that will be when we bring in the new furniture.

So - I call day 2 a huge success for me, even though it is not entirely complete yet.

So until tomorrow..

Happy DIY'ing!!

Susan

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That is GORGEOUS! Great job!

    I blog at 'Only A Breath', and I'd love for you to stop by when you have time. I'm writing about "31 Days to Love Your Neighbor". :)
    Have a great day!
    Melanie :)

    ReplyDelete