Search This Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

31 Days ... Day 20






Wow - 20 days down.  Have you been keeping track of the 31 dayers?  Inspirational stuff out there!!  It is easy to lose track of time reading all the incredible blogs involved.

You may have remembered me mentioning my friend Miss Bev.  I spend every other Thursday with her after work.  Unfortunately she now lives about an hour away, so it takes away some of our visiting time.  At least we generally get all her errands run. 



I finally managed to get a picture of the 2 of us today.  We went out to lunch to celebrate her 88th birthday.  And you will never guess what she wanted for her birthday - a harmonica.  Too fun!!!  She and her "group" - the Harmoni-cats - have a "gig" on the 28th and she wanted a new shiny harmonica.  Oh and by the way, she is the next to youngest in the Harmoni-cats.  So needless to say - we went and got her a new shiny harmonica.  And I received a harmonica education.  There are many, many harmonicas.  The store we went to had over 100!!  Oh and by the way - they can get a little pricey.  Yowza!! But we had a great time and she serenaded me the whole ride back to the home.

Between my visit with Bev and birthday shopping, I did not have much time for a project.  But I did manage to get one 3/4 of the way done. 

A while back I saw the cutest fall pillows at a little cafe a friend and I were eating at.  They were canvas or duck cloth with felt leaves.  The leaves were stitched on with lopsided stitches in different sizes.  So I decided that I could do that.  I bought extra burlap and some felt.  After the banner and the pillows, the joy has gone from working with burlap.  I lined the burlap with dark green and pumpkin orange material since the burlap is rather see through and covered 2 outdoor pillow forms.  I cut out 2 leaf shapes for each pillow and got them stitched on to one pillow.  How is that seeing someone else's lopsided stitches looks so cute and mine just look like lopsided stitches?  Oh well - they will look cute on the front porch once I am done

So tomorrow all I have to do is add leaves to one more pillow and stitch on some ties to tie them to the porch chairs - and that will be one more project down.  Woo hoo!! 

So until tomorrow
Happy DIY'ing
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment