Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

da da da da done

I cannot believe it - my first big DIY is done!!  And I am super pleased with the results!  Of course it took me long enough.  I would like to blame it on all the unforeseens, but lets face it.  I am really slow at this DIY stuff.  Maybe as I get more projects under my belt I will gain some speed. 

So with out further ado - onto the picture heavy - extremely heavy post.

First the befores




And now the happily ever afters.......
First the lower half the stairs





The landings






















And the upper stairs






















And a few extras






















Maybe - hopefully - as my DIY skills progress so will my picture taking abilities, but I am not holding my breath.  Augh... so frustrating!!

And I am sure you have noticed that I have not replaced the baseboards that I ripped up and threw away.  That is another post probably entitled "The great baseboard debate 2011."  Honey and I have very different ideas on that!!

So for now...
Happy DIY'ing
Susan


And you can bet your bipka I am linking this one up!
The DIY Show Offlink up every friday!Dittle DattlePhotobucketThe Shabby NestSumo's Sweet StuffMaking Monday Marvelous Linky PartyBetween Naps On The PorchHome SavvyI'm topsy turvy tuesdaysTT small
Remodelaholic

21 comments:

  1. What a totally fabulous job you did on the stairs and you should be very proud of yourself! Can't wait to hear about the great baseboard debate!

    Happy to get you email and delighted to follow you! I see you plan to join us for Potpourri Friday and am delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a transformation! You must be pleased with the job and feel it was worth all the time and effort. I love the white tongue and groove (I think it's called beadboard in the US) on the risers, it looks fab.
    Well done, give yourself a big pat on the back!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! It looks much better and for your first DIY...a resounding success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, your stairs look wonderful. I bet you love not having to vac them anymore. I wish I had stairs, I do enjoy seeing the ones here in blogland.
    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful! and i love the crosses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These stairs turned out fabulous, just sayin'. I have been wanting to do something similar to mine and this inspires me to revisit that desire. Thanks for stopping by "In His Grip" :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Projects are so hard to do. You have to wonder why we put ourselves through it..but then you see results like these and then you know why..it looks wonderful..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous job Susan! What a big project to undertake for your first big DIY post! I just love the beadboard on the front of the treads. Sharing this on our Facebook page, thank you for sharing it with us at Inspiration Friday!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all so much for the sweet comments!! We are pleased with the results, too!! And so glad to be rid of the icky carpet!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!!! You finished!! :) They are GORG!! Love love love! :)
    Thanks for linking up!
    -Kristi
    @ Creative Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great job. Huge difference. I'd love for you to stop by and join in my Sizzle into Summer party. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow, what a transformation! It looks sooo much better, great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!!! I love the stairs and what really caught my eye was that you used beadboard for the risers.....I've add your pictures to my dream reno folder.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea. It looks so much better! Thanks for sharing. I would love for you to share it on my link party at cookienut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Susan! Gorgeous! You did a fantastic job! Wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Again thank you all for the encourament - it is so appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy cow! That is just fantastic!! Great job! Found you via Creative Kristi. Toodles, Kathryn http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/09/voice-studio.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! Your stairs turned out GORGEOUS! Thank you so much for sharing your fab diy stairs post at Savvy HomeMade Monday and I hope you will stop by and party again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. your staircase
    just went from snore
    to shazzam!

    i love it now

    the stain color is dark and lovely
    and the beadboard risers set everything off

    thanks for linking up to fridays unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG!! THOSE ARE GORGEOUS! I have so missed you!! can't wait to go thru the whole blog! and by the way...mine are waiting for you! LOL! They need your touch!

    ReplyDelete