Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

31 Days ... Day 11 and 12

Sorry about missing the post yesterday.  We had a thunderstorm in the evening and had everything unplugged.  But I did accomplish one little project yesterday.  I finally spray painted 2 flower pots that were originally bright white.  Spray painting can be a challenge in Oklahoma - you know, where the wind comes sweeping 'cross the plain.  I actually took them to work and "borrowed" the empty offices next to ours. 

I have been loving all the fall topiaries on Pinterest and decided along time ago that I had to make some.  If you remember this year I was determined to decorate my porch for fall.  I had accumulated everything except for the pumpkins.  Last week Michael's finally put theirs on half price.  Then everything sat and sat.  So today was the day.

First I cut the stems off of 4 pumpkins

It took a little elbow grease but they finally gave way. 

My flower pots were too large for the pumpkins so I cut circles from cardboard and lightly spray painted them to match just in case they showed.  I also filled the pots with rocks so that the Oklahoma wind would not take them down the plain.


I hot glued the pumpkins together and then glued them to the cardboard.  I filled around them with dried moss.  I took fall leaves and glued them in any gaps between the pumpkins that were visible.  I took garlands from and staple gunned them to the pumpkins.  Finally I stuck in the last of the left over sunflowers from my fall wreath. 




I know - I need to bring my plants in  - they are not very fallish.  But it is so hot here and they really enjoy the sunshine.  But at least it is a beginning to a fall porch.


And I even had time afterwards to finish my first attempt at subway art

I can definitely see the advantages of a vinyl cutting machine!!  You cannot even tell that I used a different font for each group of words.  Definitely not one of the most favorite things I have ever made.  But here is funny. Honey and youngest daughter love it.  So it is on its way to the guest bedroom that used to be oldest daughter's room.  I do like the idea of it being there.  This has always been my favorite Bible verse and oldest daughter used it in her wedding ceremony. 

So until tomorrow

Happy DIY'ing
Susan

linking up

No comments:

Post a Comment