|Need I say more?|
Me: "Wow that dust collection bag really does not work well."
Honey:"Oh - it had a hole in it, but I did not feel like returning it."
But to explain. The landing was in horrible shape and my sander was not working fast enough so honey bought
This is one powerful sander. It took me for a walk across the landing. It works like a champ though and plows through anything. WOW. Just check the dust bag before you - or honey - uses it.
There is almost no way to tell what all was wrong with the landing. First of all, the header holding it up was not attached to anything. Seriously, the entire landing was being held up by 2 large nails. Scary. Honey solved that - it involved a truck jack-yep, you heard me right, new bracing, and a new support structure. Oh and to build said support structure Honey bought
Because the little 20 year old black and decker we had is about worn out. Actually - it was a great purchase. It is much easier to control, has variable speed, and lots of features our old one did not have. I likey!
And for those of you keeping count that is
1 multi max tool
all purchased for this project. Yikes!!
After Honey had secured the landing to the point a herd of elephants could stand on it, we worked on getting it as level as possible. We used the belt sander to shave off a generous amount of wood on one side. It worked very well, the belt sander takes no prisoners. Hopefully soon we will get back to the beautification portion instead of the structural boring but necessary portion.
Hope all is well in DIY land
Oh and one more for laughs
Check out Kristi's new party - it is for projects you are working on - Awesome!!