Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Gallery Wall

Well first of all it is very hard to take a picture of the side of a stairwell.!!  The spindles from the stairs really get in the way.  But I will give it my best effort.

I love crosses.  I love that they represent the grace and forgiveness that encompass me.  My friends and family know that I love crosses so I am blessed with many as gifts.  I have them spread through out the house but decided the stairwell wall would be a good place to showcase some of them.  I am very pleased with the results - just not with my pictures.



I know this is not the conventional gallery wall where the items "match" so well - but these "match" in their own way.  This wall is what you see when you walk in from the garage door and to me is such a welcome home.  I especially love that I have not purchased any of these.  Every cross on this wall was a gift from someone close to me.  So not only do they represent His love for me, they represent that I am truly loved here.

Some of my favorites





All 3 of these my youngest daughter has brought back from her trips to New Mexico.  They are so vibrant and colorful and really help this area to pop.  They really remond me of her with all their color and uniqueness.



My oldest daughter and her hubby brought this back to me from their honeymoon in Progresso.  It is hand carved and makes such a statement.  I felt so special that they thought of me on their honeymoon.

My friend Susan had this made for me.  (Not only does she have a great name - she is a great friend)  She just surprised me one day with it - so sweet.


My brother and his wife brought this back from Ireland when they were there tracing her roots.




This one started this wall.  My Honey was working out of town and found this in a local gift shop there.  He thought of me and brought it home.  I just love that!! 

I could go on and on as each cross has a story, but you get the general idea. 

I thought about "framing" some of the crosses, but was not sure about the look.  What do you think?

Happy DIY'ing!!

Susan

Linking up
I'm topsy turvy tuesdaysAnything Related

Creative Kristi DesignsPhotobucket

7 comments:

  1. Love this!
    I also love your blog design! Very familiar!
    Thank you for popping by my "kitchen love"!
    Kerry at housetalkn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kerry - let me know when you want to go kidnap a kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely collection - both in appearance and for what it represents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen Stevens helens14@aol.comSeptember 1, 2011 at 7:05 PM

    Hi, Keep it just the same. I love your cross and I am inspired to create my own someday. Do not frame them. Keep intricate small ones at eye level. I especially love the floral one from Mexico! Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Helen!! And especially the idea to move the small ones to eye level - awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete