Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Shook Me All Night Long

The walls start shaking, earth was quaking
My mind was aching...
And you shook me all night long

OK - I hope there are a few peeps out there who remember AC/DC from the early 80's.

When we moved to Oklahoma we heard quite a bit about the ever changing weather.  One thing we did not expect was a week-end like this one.  As of this afternoon we have had 13 earthquakes.  Really??!!!??  Two of them were large ones - ok, those of you in California are probably laughing at me right now - but we had a 4.9 and a 5.6.  Uhmm....Yowza.  These were our first earthquakes that really felt like, well, earthquakes.  It was very unnerving.  To those of you who live with this often - my hat's off to you.  It is more than a little shaking as I always thought.  It is very difficult to walk during one, they are very loud, and it gives you a horrible vertigo type feeling for a few minutes. It is actually very frightening. Even though we could see and feel the house moving we have not found any damage - woot hoot!!! 

I have taken a mini break these past few days after the 31 days challenge.  That was very time consuming and again I am in awe of those of you that blog every day.  I will have to say that even though it was time consuming it was also very motivational.  I felt like I HAD to work on my unfinished projects because I had said that I would and actually had put it on my blog.  You know - where every one would see. 

Here are the benefits that really scream at me...  I have 2 "project" spots that I toss place unfinished projects that I am going to "get right back to."  One is a chair behind the door in the master bedroom and the other is the folding counter in the laundry room.  With out further ado


BAM!!!!!!!
I do not think these have ever both been totally empty at the same time!

Thank you 31 day challenge!

And you may remember my huge fail on wrapping a lamp with twine here that ended with the exploded glue gun.  I finally made it to Hobby Lobby to get a new glue gun last night and today attempted once again to simply wrap the lamp with jute




Success!!!  I discovered that 1) do not rush!!!  2) my old glue gun must have been getting ready to kick the bucket for quite a bit.  With my old glue gun I could not put just a little dab of glue - there was always a large glob of glue.  That actually made the biggest difference,

I was going to make a lamp shade to go with it because the old shade looked like it belonged in my great-grandmother's house (and not in a cool vintage way).  I found the cover it your self shade on sale for $12.  Not bad.  But then at Wally World I found this BHG shade ready to go for $10 - SCORE




Looove it!!  It goes perfect with what I want to do in the master bedroom.  ( I am just a tad slow getting going with the bedroom).  Oh = and while I was at Hobby Lobby I found this blue pumpkin that is the perfect fall decoration for our bedroom.  And it was half off - woot hoot!!

Until next time
Happy DIY'ing
(and hopefully no shaking)

Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment